Corporate Training

Translate this page into Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Vietnamese,

and more…



Am I eligible?
Students taking a dual enrollment course must meet the prerequisite criteria for the course. This may require a free assessment test of current skills in English, Mathematics and/or a Foreign Language. If no assessment is required, PC and/or the high school may establish additional criteria, such as high school grade level, GPA, performance in prerequisite courses or teacher recommendation. Only college level courses are available; remedial or developmental courses will not be offered.

Who teaches the courses?
High school faculty who meet community college instruction requirements teach the Dual Enrollment courses, and are overseen by the appropriate PC faculty chair. Faculties teaching dual enrollment courses are required to teach the community college curriculum, so students are assured of receiving a quality college experience.

How do I register?
Your high school will have information on Dual Enrollment, including registration information and forms. Students may also follow this link and select their high school. All forms are available online. Once completed, the registration form must be printed, signed and submitted to the high school contact. Registration forms may be obtained here.

How does Dual Enrollment differ from Concurrent Enrollment?
Dual Enrollment classes meet at the high school during the regular high school day, and are taught by college certified high school instructors using a college curriculum and text. Since students are earning high school and college credit simultaneously, these courses may meet high school and college/university requirements (verify this with your university and/or community college major of study). Concurrent Enrollment classes meet at a college site and are not affiliated with any high school; those enrolled are high school students taking college courses at the main campus or at an off-campus location. Students interested in Concurrent Enrollment must submit a special admission form. Students need prior approval from their high school counselors or administration in order for these college courses to help satisfy high school requirements.

How does Dual Enrollment differ from Advanced Placement?
Dual Enrollment courses focus on skills application, allowing for a more flexible curriculum which may include labs, computer applications and field trips. Students receive a grade and credit for the work performed throughout the school year. These credits may transfer to the student's college of choice as direct course equivalents (verify with your university and/or community college major of study). Advanced Placement classes prepare students to pass the AP test. Credit is awarded solely on the students' performance on this one exam, and may transfer to colleges as an elective or required credit based on the student’s program of study and the college/university to which the student plans on attending.

How will it affect my GPA?
High schools may opt to give Dual Enrollment courses a weighted grade (a 5.0 on a 4.0 scale). Check with your high school registrar. Will these courses transfer to any college or university? Dual Enrollment students receive, upon request, a PC transcript that may be submitted to the college of their choice. Transfer agreements exist between all Arizona public colleges and universities, as well as several Arizona private colleges. Since PC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association, students are generally successful in transferring courses to other colleges and universities as well. It is recommended, however, that students confirm transferability of each Dual Enrollment course with their intended out-of-state college.

How much does it cost?
Dual Enrollment students pay the same tuition rate assessed for all Maricopa Community College courses.The cost is $81.00* per credit hour, plus a $15 registration fee per semester. This is a significant savings over private and out-of-state colleges, and about one-third the cost of comparable in-state university courses. As an additional savings, Dual Enrollment students do not have to purchase textbooks or pay lab fees because these materials may be provided by the high school. Some high schools offer tuition waivers for eligible students. Please check with your high school dual enrollment contact. *Tuition rate for Maricopa County residents.

Does the college have a payment plan to pay tuition?
Yes. Phoenix College offers a convenient payment plan utilizing automatic withdrawals from a checking account or credit card. Go to Student Center to learn more about the college’s e-Cashier payment system.