NCA Criterion 2 Committee
April 11, 2005
Present: David, Betsy, Ronnie, Dennis, Paul, Leonard, Ann
Report written so far:
2A -working on redrafting from edits
2B -draft with comments from editors
2C - draft that needs to be turned in for editing
2D - outline
The committee agreed to have no more meetings, canceling the meeting
on 4/25. Committee will continue to communicate by email.
Ann welcomed Paul G. who came to speak to the committee about the
Paul began by giving everyone a hand out of the Strategic Plan Action
Item form for developing the technology plan. The technology plans
goals and objective came out of the strategic planning committee.
Looking at what will be the plan (2006-2009):
- The first three have been committed
- CTC is the campus technology committee
- The CTC has been meeting to complete tasks
- Looking at creating an on-line technology survey to give to stakeholders,
students, faculty, MAT, PSA, etc.
- Paul has been meeting individually with departments, director's,
vice presidents, etc.
- There is a plan for carrying out suggestions; sub-committees take
suggestions to the CTC who then send it to Strategic Planning, who
then send it to the President.
- After the plan is completed there will be follow-up and assessment
to see if it is doing what we wanted it to do and review what is
not working well.
- This plan will address the replacement plan and past plans will
be looked at in creating the new Technology Plan.
- The plan is looking at internal infrastructure and students. They
are exploring the idea of including community members in the area.
- Paul has been looking at plans from other areas of the country,
going to workshops, etc. to try to have the most recent, up-to-date
- Some comments were to make sure to tie in funding for how to implement
the plan and train and also to mention that administration can't
put the plan on the shelf; they need to move this forward.