Blackboard System Troubleshooting and Policies
CTLT personnel can help you with these 4 items.
1. Check your computer for minimum requirements.
2. Verify you have properly configured your preferred browser for security settings, pop-ups, history, cache and cookies.
- Refer to the Firefox for Mac, Firefox for PC, Internet Explorer for PC and Safari for Mac instructions.
- Only those browsers listed are certified for Blackboard use.
3. Install all necessary plug-ins
Still not working?
CTLT personnel cannot provide additional assistance beyond the above troubleshooting options. If you complete all of the above and still encounter problems, you may wish to try:
- Downloading, installing and using Mozilla Firefox if you are a current Internet Explorer user, as it seems to fix many browser-related problems.
- Downloading and installing all operating system updates (e.g. Microsoft service packs/updates).
- Downloading and installing free anti-virus and anti-spyware software such as Ad-Aware and/or SpyBot.
- Remove unused browser plug-ins that may be interfering with Blackboard.
- Working on a different computer to isolate the problem to your personal desktop or laptop (e.g. home, Computer Commons, Library).